The world we live in today is largely based on access to information to carry out daily activities, such as access to our health provider data in order to check
the results of tests, book or cancel appointments in a variety of organizations, check our bank account and so on. We have all experienced the frustration when this information is not available for one reason or another. If it happens frequently, we might even consider moving to a rival company, or actually make such a move in order to ensure faster service.
We also want to feel sure that if we provide our personal information to organizations such as banks, health providers, media companies etc., the data will not be accessible to unauthorized persons. The more sensitive the information held by an organization, the more we expect our data to be securely stored and kept separate. It is important to note that the parallel development of services and technologies demand that organizations be able to deal dynamically with the constant increase of data volumes and the needs to be satisfied, as quickly as possible.
To ensure satisfactory management of data and provide the responses described above, organizations need the services of a DBA (database administrator).
The advantages of integrating a DBA expert into the organization:
• Correct and effective management of data security, such as permissions to access databases and data encryption, as well as monitoring database activity in order to identify malicious actions – in this way the organization insures itself against legal claims. Avoiding leaks of data reinforces trust in the organization, and of course trust ultimately translates into bigger profits. It also ensures the survivability of data so that it can be reliably reconstructed if it is “lost” for some reason, and continuity of access. For example, companies that provide services 24/7 cannot allow themselves to be unavailable due to a hitch or maintenance work. Today’s DBA technologies provide a solution for all availability needs.
• Building the database in a way that provides fast access together with economical use of server resources. With fast and effective access to data, actions within the organization are more efficient, and when the data is designed for fast and convenient customer access, it shows the company to be more advanced and reliable.
• Adapting the database platform and systems to the organization’s business needs and its budget ensures smart use of its resources.
• Efficient investigation and resolution of problems, to ensure a rapid return to business operations with minimum damage to the organization.
• Adapting the infrastructure and maintenance to host BI systems that generate reports to support more effective management, such as reports on productivity, human resources and more, according to user-defined parameters – costs, wages, work hours etc.
The DBA person will provide all the above. The absence of proper database management can cause serious financial damage to organizations that are unable to provide fast services or secure and reliable access to data. With a DBA expert in its ranks, the organization can meet its customer’s needs, and also grow and develop along with growing market needs, and in fact always remain one step ahead.